Sunday, January 19, 2014

Elf Powder Brush | Review



image from eyeslipsface.com

Last summer I purchased the infamous Elf Powder Brush. Unfortunately it was not available at my local Target so I had to order it. I ordered the brush (along with others) from drugstore.com It came super fast with FREE 2-day shop runner shipping so that was a plus. As soon as I got my package, I couldn't help myself but open it so I could feel the softness everyone raves about. Instantly I fell in love with the brush. Previously to receiving my E.l.f. brushes, I just used a few Mary Kay brushes and a small set I bought from Forever 21. (Two completely different qualities!) After playing with it for a few minutes, I went ahead and washed it. I wash my brushes with Dawn Antibacterial Dish Soap and EVOO. There was no shedding at all, the first wash was a breeze. I let the brush dry overnight and used it the next morning. 

At the time I used Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in Deep Sheer Tint & Black Radiance's Color Perfect Foundation in Rum Spice. This applied both products like a dream. The application was smooth, fast, and the finish was beautiful. I love the feeling of the brush against my face. The brush really is super soft and feels heavenly while you're buffing in your product. I would recommend this brush to ANYONE. 

~

Now that it has been a while, I've bought more brushes and have found a new use for it. I use this brush primarily for setting powder. I set my base with Black Opal's Invisible Oil Blocking Loose Powder. The flat top is perfect for pushing the powder on the face making sure to set everything it touches. After I set, a few minutes later I go back in with the brush and just buff off the excess and I'm ready to apply my finishing powder. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have not tried many things from Elf, but I do know that they have a few good products out there that can even be dupes for higher end products. I just might have to try some out if I hear some good recommendations.

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I haven't tried much but what I do own, I love most. There's a few things I still want to try that I've heard good things about. I highly recommend their Studio line of brushes and the eyeshadow brushes from the Essential line. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. :)