Sunday, January 19, 2014

Kiss by New York Aqua BB Cream | Review


You've probably heard a good bit of women raving about this BB cream. Another cheap wonder. This is hands down the BEST foundation/BB cream I have tried. I have used both high end and drugstore foundations. Its an all around BOMB product + it's made for WOC!! I first heard about this BB cream on YouTube. I had seen it in the beauty supply store before but never paid any attention to it. After seeing so many reviews and rants I had to go get it for myself. I looked in a few BSS in my area and couldn't find my shade (of course they were sold out). So, I ordered it off of eBay. After a week, it finally arrived and I used it as soon as it got it. I used it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (fave foundation brush at the moment) and it applied beautifully! I squeezed some of the product onto the brush, started on one side of my face and moved to the next. When I was done, I took a good look in the mirror. The shade I have is Medium and it is just a smidge bit darker than me, but my face is already darker than my neck and chest so I didn't think of it as much of a problem. Besides, after I put on my powder everything is Even Steven.

Here are the claims:














In my opinion, 6 out of the 8 claims are definitely true. I'm not so sure about the skin regeneration or pore tightening. My pores do seem to be a wee bit less noticeable but the primer I use might have something to do with that also. As for the skin regeneration, I guess I would have to use this for a little bit longer to tell the difference even though I'm not exactly sure what its supposed to be regenerating.

Ever since I got it, I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. This is my go-to foundation/BB cream/base whatever
you want to call it. I used to use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream but it didn't have much, if any, coverage and it didn't work well with my oily t-zone. The only reason I continued to use it was because it had SPF and it did even out my skin a little. But after trying this, I'm never going back. I will repurchase this forever and ever! Let me tell you why I love it so much:

  • works great with my oily skin
  • satin finish
  • long wearing
  • super blendable
  • great coverage
  • good color match/variety
  • inexpensive
  • squeeze packaging
  • a lot of product in the tube
Cons
  • not very easy to find
  • no SPF
If you are a WOC, I highly recommend you go out and get this! You'll love it, guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. :)